Get access to top talent through sponsoring skilled international team members
Sponsoring international team members is a great way to provide with the continuity of staff needed to help you grow your business. Many businesses are unaware of the process and put it in the too hard basket and however in the long term, shortage of qualified staff and staff turnover, can be a big impediment to growth.
The tourism industry Australia wide is growing by 7%+ per year and with the increased visitors, the competition for skilled team members is growing rapidly. With an expected shortage of 120,000 skilled workers by 2020 (Deloitte Tourism labour force report), this competition is only going to increase and taking a proactive approach to can help you avoid future challenges.
Under the Australian governments’ employer sponsorship program (Temporary Skill Shortage visa – 482), chefs can be sponsored on a temporary Visa for up to 4 years and other occupations such as Restaurant Manager up to 2 years (renewable for 2 more years).
Note: In fine dining establishment, you may also be able to sponsor Waiters/Waitresses and restaurant managers for up to 4 years
The Hospitality Staff Solutions database has a great database of skilled international Chefs and hospitality professionals and with the growing gap in the Australian labour market and current turnover rates less than one year (on average) for a chef, sponsoring international team members can help you take away the headache is not having the stuff you need, when you need them.
Through our partnership with Education and Migration Services Australia. We can provide you with a seamless means of on boarding some of our skilled international chefs.
Visa application fees
|Visa Application Charges||Primary Applicant
|TSS visa (Short-Term stream)||$1,150||$1,150||$290|
|TSS visa (Medium-Term and
Labour Agreement streams)
Skilling Australia Fund Levy
|Business size||TSS visa||ENS / RSMS visas|
|Small (annual turnover less than $10 million)||$1200 per year or part thereof||$3000 one-off
|Other businesses||$1800 per year or part thereof||$5000 one-off|
Frequently asked questions
- As an employer you’re required to pay the staff a minimum of $53,900 per year. As employer you’re responsible for the sponsorship fees and migration agency fees as part of the application.
- Payment to Skilling Australia Fund (SAF – Table 2)* not yet introduced.
- Employees are responsible for visa application fees (Table 1)
- Migration agency fees associated with the visa application
- Cannot work for any other employer (unless sponsorship ends or applied and approved for a new company).
- All travel costs to Australia
- If a team member leaves they have 60 days to find a new sponsor and cannot work for anyone else until this happens
- The timeline on the Visa is 3 to 6 months. Our partner agency, Education and Migration Services Australia, has pre-screened candidates’ eligibility for visas. Note: depending on the team member you choose to hire, they may already be in Australia with permission to work part or full time*